Saturday, March 24, 2007

Discovering my Strengths

I have signed up for an initiative by the school that is in alliance with a consulting company that will help me work on the strengths I have.

I took a battery of tests based on which my key strengths were identified.Over the next few weeks, I will work with my coach to see how I can further leverage on these traits of my mine.

The Senior Principal of this Consulting firm was here at Queen's to make a presentation. Some interesting thoughts,points made:

"Do not try to teach a pig to sing- it wastes your time and annoys the pig"

"Each person's greatest room for growth is in the area of his or her greatest strengths"

"Weakness fixing prevents failure.Working on Strengths is the way to road to success"

"Talent reflects who you are, not what you know.
Talent is the capacity for consistent, near perfect performance"

"Strength= Talent + Skills + Knowledge"

3 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Gautam Ghosh said...

lemme guess... Gallup?

Here is my experience with the Clifton Strengths Finder

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,its really good exercise.here at MBS we have softskills course,in which there are lot of exercises to step back and learn 360 degress about us..its the next link in the value chain of belbin's test.along with this careerleader.com which u must done..

thanks for comments,i read CKP's FOP.it was very intriguing book for me...
nice videos..these are new to me..
bhaskar

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger aliyaa said...

We must have MBA dissertation writing services that are perfect for your mba programs. Sometimes you don't understand these services so they help you in writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home