Saturday, May 26, 2007

Finally Done

I completed my education on the 24th and was awarded the MBA degree.
The last one year has been challenging and had a lot of surprises for me. I met some very interesting and intellectual people in the program. There are people in my class from whom I have learnt a lot. There are Canadians who have shown me a different perspective of life.

The last one year demanded a lot from me. I had my moments of stress and anxiety but the best lesson that I got out of it was that an MBA is not about aptitude-it is about attitude. Working under intense pressure, managing multiple tasks, having many issues to resolve at the same time made me more determined and forced me to concentrate on the goal.I had to make my set of sacrifices,trade offs and take some risks.

I enjoyed every moment of the program ( yes the stressful ones too!).As the program got more demanding, I discovered some new potential in me (that even I never aware of.)

My parents were here from India and I asked them if they felt I had changed. They said "No" but I know the change that I have undergone in the past one year. Both personally and professionaly,I have learnt a lot. The team based learning had a lot of take aways.

The convocation day was fun.It was on the 24th May and it was also my parents wedding anniversary.And I guess, I couldn't have given them a better gift to them on that day.I want to be a global manager and I felt that an MBA was the first step towards that.

There were a few subjects in the MBA program that I really liked. I always enjoyed attending those sessions.I felt as if I was in a different world when I attended the clases.And I felt really good when I won some awards on the convocation day.
-Derek Russel Award for Excellence in Operations/ Information Technology
-Normanda Sales Corporation and William Deeks Award for higest standing in the elective strategy course
-Tom Burns MBA prize in International Business

I am so happy to complete my MBA today. Here are a few pics of one of the happiest day of my life.


Here are some pics:







Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello indian blogger from queens

congratulations!! i am lakshminarasimhan, 57, chartered accountant, chartered secretaray, from chennai, india; i have been following your writings in your blogs closely and the contents are excellent and very useful for future MBA studnets;
i am very glad that u r now an MBA from a world reputed institute.
May I take this opportunity to wish you all all the best
Lakshminarasimhan
vlnautomac@gmail.com

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

You surely must've worked pretty hard inorder to receive those awards apart from the MBA. Certainly a very proud moment for your parents.

Co-incidence as one may consider it, I landed on your blog, a few months back and even left a comment.

Just one thing, I guess, was missed out - Not even a single word of praise for 'Mother India'.

Things change, priorities change and eventually the perspective.

Best Wishes!

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Maverick said...

wow Boss...congrats
very happy for u :)

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just gave my GMAT and got a score of 690.Got about 6yrs of experience in technology & have done tech consulting for leading financial firms.

I was looking at various options and Queens is definitely one of the schools that is in my list.

Could you pls write/blog on the career options after queens mba and how you chose your specialization.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

congrats biz! a wonderful feeling to hv our parents arnd on the d-day

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous MBA Entrance Exams said...

Congrats. i just go through the post. really great. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger aliyaa said...

The statement of purpose engineeringcis all about having success in engineering feel. I can see the victory in thier smiles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home