Friday, December 09, 2005

Queen's interview

N has already been admitted to the Manchester Business School.She has her ISB interview this monday.And this wednesday morning, she gave her Queen's MBA interview.
As expected, she did well.!

The interview was with Mr.Ben Whitney,Assistant Director and went for 40 minutes.
For the benefit of Queen's aspirants, she has allowed me to publish the questions of her interview.

Thanks N.May you get admitted to all the schools that you have applied to and then take the best decision! :)

Interview Date: Dec 7th,2005
Interviewer : Mr.Ben Whitney,Assistant Director

a. What did I learn in my transition from a team member to a team lead.
b. Am I leading a team and if so, how many people.
c. Do I have any people in my team where I lead who was previously my Co-worker.
(We deviated a bit here and he talked abt how its difficult if there was a case like that)
d. What did I learn in my 3 years of US experience with my client.
e. Do I have good exposure to cross-cultural skills.
f. How did I get a appreciation from my CIO.
( I had obtained a hand written appreciation letter from my client CIO)
g. He mentioned that almost all my recommenders had said that I am the best team player in my team and he was happy about that and appreciated that.But he wanted to know if my recommenders unanimous feedback to improve my Planning and priortisation skills was a fair assessment.
h. Why did I chose Queens MBA to apply.
i. What are the other schools that I am applying for.
(He was very happy to know about ISB and said that their dean was there in Hyd for some ISB-related work.)
j. He asked my interests in Movies and what kind of movies...
k. Appreciated my physical activities and talked abt their new initiative - Fitness to lead.

This portion lasted about 20 to 25 minutes...

And then my session started...
a. I asked abt Women's initiatives...
(He was glad that I asked that as he himself was abt to talk to me abt that. And
he explained abt some initiatives.)
b. How does the transition from IT to finance happes...
c. I asked about Supply Chain Management(SCM) initiatives and he was okay with students starting clubs to get guest speakers and stuff like that.
d. Research in Queens post MBA and he was willing to put me in touch with some ph.d students.
e. How are the placements scenario for a highly ranked school.
f. How it is for Global students when it comes to working in Canada.
g. Schalorships details...and what happens next

The results would be out soon and we wish her all the best. !

4 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips...I got an admitt..

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!
SO how do you compare MANCHESTER N ISB N QUEENS....
any takes on the manchester interview...?

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Aditi said...

Hello...Thanks for all the information on Queens.I am applying in the second round and would be really glad if you could give me some advice. What are my chances ,I being an engineer with 3.5 yrs IT experience,690 Gmat,awa 5.5? Will the fact that I am applying in the 2nd round and am an international student affect my chances? Thanks a lot for any guidance you can provide!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger aliyaa said...

I believe that management personal statement should write very confidently and must have all things that is the requirement. I really want people to do their best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home