Sunday, July 11, 2004

GMAT score of 540


I hate myself. No matter how hard I try, I seem to be not improving. This is irritating and frustrating. There is so much at stake and this is not helping me at all.
Why? Because i got a score of 540 today.

My observations:
* I was getting the first few questions right (the first 5 to be exact) but there were two questions where I messed up. I wanted to get them right but I was not getting them.They looked doable and I was doing a mistake somewhere (calculation,?reading the question not properly?).As a result, I wasted 21 minutes on three questions. My biggest blunder.As a result of this I was in a position where I had to answer 25 questions in 25 minutes. For the first time, I got a score in quant lower than that of Verbal. Iam disappointed. The only thing is Iam analyzing where Iam going wrong. Let us hope this will help.

*Verbal was pretty ok. I completed the questions with a minute left in hand. Most of the questions were from the Kaplan book and so got a feeling that may have been the reason to complete in time.


It is clearly a case that my low score is not a reflection of my preperation.It just shouts at me that I need to time myself and take the test. This has been a problem and I hope I will still get that number (700+) some day. For now, it looks like a distant dream.


Iam depressed and demotivated because of this score.Iam eagerly waiting to take another test in a week's time from now and beat this performance.


Iam lazy. I don't review my mistakes. I don't concentrate.!! Arrgh...I hate myself for being me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home