Sunday, July 04, 2004

I completed a Kaplan Test today from the book version(2000-2001). And I got a score of 680.Iam pretty excited with my progress.Last week, I got 610 and this week it has improved. What remains to be seen is whether my GMAT score will be better than this (it has to be!) or is a disappointment.(Iam scared if I think that way).

Anyway, here are my observations:

* Surprisingly, I got more correct answers in Verbal this time than Quant.I felt the the quant questions were tough. I need to keep in mind that the Quant section is the one that will be the main propellor for my initial score and the Verbal is an add on.
I have not been really good in the verbal section. But Iam working at it and I hope to have a decent score in both the sections.

* The scores might dip once I start taking the AWA sections. I mean there is a good possibilty of concentration loss. I have to keep working towards it. July 16 is the date when I start taking the Full length tests including AWA.

Quant Analysis
----------------
*DS is again the weaker section in quant.
Maths section where I have to work hard
-Probability
-Percentage
-Standard Deviations and Medians.
- Problems on two ppl walking from different ends and when they meet.

I realized that I got a couple of questions wrong because I did not read the questions properly. For eg ,question was asked about absolute value and I did not make a note of it.
Had I read the questions properly, I would have hit a 700.


Verbal
---------
*The old problem continues.As always, RC is the problem creator. I spend a lot on it.
My feeling is that I get tempted to go through the passage again. Now since I have spent a considerable amount of time reading the paragraph again, I don't want my answers to go wrong. And it is highly irritating to see that I get them wrong. Got to do something about this !

*SC -Need more practice. Surprise part was got an Idiom answer wrong.

* I am quite stunned that I did better in Verbal than in Quant.


Final Verdict: Maintain the same tempo as that of verbal and work hard on ur quant area.
You might just end up with a GMAT score that you have never imagined. All the best and keep working hard.

Itz sometime depressing.Itz sometime irritating. You know you want to get in there.
You know that you have to get the minimum to be there. Keep all those disturbing thoughts away from your work place and you might just reach ur goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home