Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lessons Learnt..!!

If you don't do the pre reading, you can't participate in class discussions.
If you stay late to sit and study, you feel extremely sleepy and struggle to stay attentive in the class.
If you interact and do the “networking”, you don't get time to complete those assignments.
If you start working on the assignments, you realize that there is a lot to do.
The school provides each student free newspapers ( Financial Times, Globe and Mail) but you don't get a chance to go through them in detail.
There are so many things happening simultaneously that itz difficult to track things.

How do I feel?
Every day is like a mini battle. You wake up with certain goals and expectations in mind and go to bed analyzing how much of it you achieved that day and how much you could have done.! Sometimes I feel good, sometimes a bit overwhelmed. Some times the pressure gets on me and at other times, I enjoy the challenge.!

What I need?

-I need to strike the right balance.
-Working hard is not enough. Productivity is the key thing. If I spend a couple of
hours on something, I should have done
it well.
-I need to set internal deadlines. I should realize the value of every minute.
-Prioritizing things is very important. Planning is crucial.
-Staying organized is a big factor. Keep things organized. Be it your folder,work space, study table,Emails or your room.!
-Collaborating not competing will make you get the most out of your MBA program.You are in a class of smart people and work with them to maximize your learning.
-Good sleep is essential to keep you going all day.

The MBA program has started pushing me out of my "comfort zone". The pressure is building up each day. I need to keep my cool, set objectives and work towards them.

Blogging helps me relax ,feel good and stay focused.
So, this post. :)
More later..!

3 Comments:

At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bisu
Work smart and not just hard. As you said just chill man. Pl do not put so much pressure on yourselves as things are going to be much tougher out there once you begin to manage people, materials, events, technology et al.
You will learn as you grow so do not worry much at this stage. Enjoy your studies as this is going to be the best stage of your life.
Regards
Sunil

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Biswajit,
I can see you are on the right track being out of the comfort zone and focusing on collaboration. You couldn't have said it any better. That is the essence of the whole program. It's so damn intense but thoroughly enjoyable. And the teams are the best part of whole package. Have fun and keep posting your thoughts. You are doing a really good job..

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous itt capstone project said...

It was on the disclosure of the values at that time but there must needs to be more of the possible values for the students which they must needed to understand within some possible meaning and values and hopefully will allow them to ease further.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home