Monday, May 08, 2006

It is 10.30 PM here and am still in my office ( work desk at the Business School).Today was the first day of Finance class and I was expecting to see stars. The Balance sheet,Financial statement did scare me initially.There was an assignment to be done. Thanks to the help of my team mates, I was able to work on it. There is more reading to be done and I am hoping that the fear of Accounting will be out soon.I am yet to get a firm grip on the Q-T sheet !
The professor for the course is Prof. John Moore.Prof Moore is the the author of five accounting textbooks. He has conducted executive development seminars on financial tools for senior managers at Alcan, DuPont, Canon, Mitel, Shoppers Drug Mart, New Brunswick Power Corporation, Mountain Equipment Co-op, and Canada Post. He also works with members of senior management teams to integrate financial accounting concepts into strategic planning. A four-time winner of the MBA Teaching Excellence Award from Queen's University, he is also the recipient of the Silver Medal from CMA Canada and was made a Fellow of the Society of Management Accountants of Canada in 2004.

The best part about the class is that the professor adds humor to the class.!He was talking about how expense is related to revenues and said that the golf club is an expense for his teaching profession.He is an extremely experienced executive educator who is highly regarded in the accounting profession. I just hope that I make the best use of his teaching. Accounting did scare me on day one ! But the faculty made sure that it was not rocket science.

2 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Vibhu said...

Accounting will always be a mirage for engg grads.. u are also one of them.. njoy ur bschool.. believe me there are many readers of the post but less .. comment posters and i too was one of them till now.. keep blogging :)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger aliyaa said...

It has relevant information to my site. Thanks for posting this. Your blog is so interesting and very informative.Thanks sharing. Definitely a great piece of work. Now I worked out in online phd accounting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home