Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Brand Revitalization

A few days back, our strategy Prof Doug Reid had sent this article to us (from the Economist Magazine)

It talks about how Starbucks and Pepsi are trying their best to "revitalise themselves".The article states that the carbonated soft drinks market for Pepsi is shrinking.Hence,Pepsi recently launched a global restyling program where the cans will now come in a series of 35 new designs with themes on music, sports or fashion.There are folks who believe that "changing the packaging is a tired brand's last refuge."

One statement that caught my attention was this :"During its 109-year history Pepsi has undergone many rebrandings, of course, but none on this scale."

I drank a Pepsi today and saw that I had the new can. I liked it!.I thought of taking a picture and posting it on my blog. Here it is.



It looks like the red,blue and white Pepsi might disappear soon. So, if you have one such can in your fridge right now,keep that for your collection.

Do let me know how you find the new packaging.!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Blogger Neo said...

I dont think that by merely changing the packaging, Pepsi will get revitalized. Its a big Marketing Myopia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home