Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Yet Another Offer




A Management Consulting company made me an offer today. They have about 600 employees in 16 locations world wide and have opened an office last year in India. If I decide to join the firm, I will be posted at the Washington DC office.

The interviews were a long process. I had to go through 6-7 interviews before the offer was made to me. The company spent a lot of money on me, and wanted to make sure that I understood their work, culture and people before I decide to join the place. On two consecutive Fridays, they flew me down to Boston and to Washington from Kingston. They took care of all the expenses and wanted me to solely concentrate on getting to know the company well. A striking similarity that I admired in all the interviewers was that in spite of having solid accomplishments in life they were very down to earth individuals. They answered all my questions patiently and assessed if I could fit into their culture. I really like the place.
In the whole process, I connected to 4 Queen's alumni working there and all of them were extremely helpful. I really love this aspect of Queen's graduates.

I think I have more or less made up my mind on the place that I want to join. I turned down a final interview meeting with a leading bank in Canada last week. Once I accept one of the offers that I have in hand, I will withdraw my application from other firms.

This long process of recruitment was an energy sapping one. I am happy to see great results coming out. The Queen’s MBA program has been intense, very stressful at times. I have learnt and am learning to handle multiple things at one time.

I am thankful to my friends, relatives,team, the Queen’s Staff for the support and guidance. And yes, for a man like me, who believes in the supreme force called GOD, I am grateful to him.

Be it hard work, be it fate or be it luck..I am happy that things turned out in my favor.

9 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again Congrats !!!

I am Queen's admit and will join in May 2007.

 
At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS !!!

GREAT LIFE A HEAD

 
At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrates..all the hard work is paying off....

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a regular reader from Hyderabad. I am very happy to hear about this. Congratulations. Wishing you a Successful life ahead

 
At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Biswajit,

Hearty congratulations

Hiran

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Manish Malik said...

Congrats! Great going!

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B, Great going...Hearty congratz...keep smiling..:-)

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sir ,

if you rember im mukesh sharma , from isb -pgp group. i am very happy for you buddy. best of luck for the new role in life.
have great fun too in USA.

rgrds
mukesh

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Indian Blogger said...

Thanks for the wishes folks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home