Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The MBAst Portal for the Class of 2007


Yippee!! I got my email and login details for the Queen's MBAst Web-Portal.
I even sent an email from my Queen’s id to my personal id to test if things were working fine. :)

Over the past few days, I received a lot of Christmas wishes, New Year greetings emails. Amid all those emails, there was one from the Queen’s Helpdesk.For the past couple of days,I have been exploring the website and looking at the features the portal provides. And I am very happy with the stuff that has been offered.

A few things I can do even before starting the program are log-in, check email and look for housing using the portal. An interesting feature is that the MBAst portal has been customized for the Class of 2007, and will serve as a virtual home for the duration of the MBA program.

So, whatz in store there.? Here is the list
-Administrative Announcements
-Quick Links ( Campus Book store,Registrar's office) etc
-An interesting Student Roster where one can introduce self to other classmates
-A "Water Cooler" - A class discussion board!
-Clubs, events, class council..all Extracurrricular activites
-Options to personalize your page ( RSS Feeds from CNN,CBS etc)
-Weather at Kingston…

The most interesting part is the Career section.
There is the Business Care center (BCC)that keeps one updated about the job postings and info on campus recruitment. Then, there is a 'Networking' section that talks about foreign jobs, MBA direct etc. The third section comprises of resources with Interview FAQs, Guides to recruitments, Professional designations and the BCC career Presentations. The website also provides access to Knightsbridge,VAULT , Business week and Wall Street Journal

Phew !!
With so much stuff available to me, I already get a feeling of how busy my new life would be after a few months.I guess, it would be a transition from 'Fight to my flight' to 'Life in the Fast Lane'!

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and welcome to Queen's!!!

Eddie
(Queen's Commerce)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home