Friday, January 14, 2005

Waitlisted

Dear Mr XXXX,

Our Admissions Committee has completed the review of your application for admission into the ISB and while we are impressed with your accomplishments, we cannot provide you an offer of admission at this moment. However, we are pleased to inform you that you have been placed on our waiting list for the programme starting April 15, 2005......

Ha ha ha! Is somebody playing a joke on me here?
I do not know what to say.This isn't a NO, nor is it a YES.It was a fear.And it has come true.

Damn! Damn ! Damn !
Looks like, the struggle continues for me...!!

I have been waitlisted and the admissions office will be "re-evaluating everything by March 2005."

What does this mean?
Dumb me....it sayz retake your GMAT if you wanna be with the best brains in India...Yes,thatz what it indirectly says.

C'mon pal! Iam sick and tired of this GMAT game.
But wait,if it helps,I'll retake it.

How can I concentrate on my work now? Iam an overseas candidate and even if I get an admit,a mere month to set everything right,and move back to India will be tough....so in a way, this might just be over for me.

My heartiest congratulations to all those who made it to the school and good luck to all those who couldn't.Remember,life does not end here.But for me,life waits here.

All I can say is that I have to still continue running in the race.But this time with R2 folks.

Iam yet to see any more "waitlisted" emails.(OK..Saw one from Gagan,Kaushik now!)
If there is anyone else who got waitlisted like me,send me an offline email....We'll work on a strategy.

You know how stupid it feels to be in this position. It is like standing outside the party and not sure whether I'll get a chance to shake my leg !!

Damn ! Strange situation to be in !
Hey Bhagwaan..I hope ki aapke ghar mein der hain, andher nahin ! :)

Somebody,give me a energy drink. Iam tired. I'll have to fight the battle once again.

4 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Life is about managing for survival said...

Shall I say Congrats or not!!.U made half way and so relax !!.One of fellow TCSer was in a similar situation last year and made into ISB atlast.He is Seemant Jauhari and his mail address is "Seemant_jauhari@pgp2005.isb.edu".His suggestions may help.
Best of luck with every thing !!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Life is about managing for survival said...

Shall I say Congrats or not!!.U made half way and so relax !!.One of fellow TCSer was in a similar situation last year and made into ISB atlast.He is Seemant Jauhari and his mail address is "Seemant_jauhari@pgp2005.isb.edu".His suggestions may help.
Best of luck with every thing !!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Indian Blogger said...

Thanks Swarna..I have been interacting with Seemant.
Will talk to him. Need to rush to the office.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in a similar situation last year. And I got in.

Dont lose hope. You MAY get in if you play your cards well hereafter. Do look at 'strategies for shortlisted candidates'...
http://www.accepted.com/chat/transcripts/2003/mba02102003.aspx

Other chat transcripts in this link are also useful.

Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home