Tuesday, January 11, 2005

You suckers!

If there are ppl in this country who are good and nice, there are some set of ppl who are bloody suckers and are racists!I have worked on projects where we replaced American employees here and believe me ,the work enviornment is always hostile.Why do they think that we are snatching their jobs.Why do they have to behave with us like this.If things continue this way,someday the worst(beast) in us will emerge and we'll tell them what we are. C'mon, we are just doing a job.


I cannot imagine the plight of the girl who received the call.Damn ! Having fun at other's expense? Check out this article where an abusive call made by two prominent radio jockeys to a call centre in India has outraged listeners and prompted demands for the duo's resignation.

Although the station pulled the segment from their website, one blogger posted the audio file on his own website:

The live call, made during the Philadelphia-based morning show of RJs Star and Bucwild, ended with one of the RJ's repeatedly calling the female call centre employee a 'bitch' and a rat eater' and threatening to choke her.

Star: This call has been outsourced to India?

Steena: That's right.

Star: Well, ma'am, what the eff would you know about an American white girl's - uh, uh - hair, and quick beads?

Steena: Just to inform you, ma'am, we're a national chain services company. And we're just taking calls on the opposite.

Star: Listen, bitch! Don't get slick with the mouth! Don't you get slick with me, bitch!

Steena: Now if you continue to speak this language, I will disconnect the call.

Star: Listen to me, you dirty rat eater. I'll come out there and choke the eff out of you (laughter).

Star: You're a filthy rat eater. I'm calling about my American six-year-old white girl. How dare ou outsource my call? Get off the line, bitch (laughter, applause, end of call).



Another blogger posted the full transcript: http://www.edrants.com/reluctant/001697.html

If no action is taken against these RJs, I will be disappointed.!


5 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt sick to my stomach when I heard the audio. I'd advise all honest people out there to send emails and letters to the station demanding the immediate dismissal of the perpetrators. This is an outrached and no decent human been should remain silent about it.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I regularly read your blog, but this post is disgraceful. It can be understandable that some people can be unfriendly. But don't you find unfriendly people back in our nation as well. Imagine how will we react if foriegn nationals start coming in large numbers and start taking away our jobs. The below incidents are sad, but it is not right to label an entire cross section of people.

May be you should get over your prejudices if you are really made for ISB.

Just my 2 cents.

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can it be disgraceful to post the truth?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Indian Blogger said...

Iam not against any community,country or any set of people. I hate ppl who degrade others. The worst thing you can make somebody feel sick is by treating him like a piece of shit and that is exactly what the caller did to the Indian gal. It was a radio show and there were spectators.Nobody...NOBODY has the right to do so.BTW,If you read my first statement, I clearly stated that only "some" set of ppl are racists! I have American friends here and a few of them are better than my Indian pals. In fact, my american pals have confessed that it is we Indians who are racists. They feel that we Indians sometimes tend do discriminate based on intellectual capabilities.We think that we know it all and tend to make the other person ignorant.!

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger phucker said...

This is to the anonymous poster who thinks that this person's post is 'Disgraceful':

The difference between 'our' country (India) and America is that American love to tell the whole world how much better they are than the rest of us, how much more liberal, how much nicer they are, how their culture is superior to the rest of us. This basically means that they hold themselves to a higher standard, and expect us to do the same. Then they do something despicable, and if you point it out, the quick response is: Well your country is sh*t too, why don't u just go back there. Americans can't take a single little bit of criticism - and outsourcing is just that - it's a criticism of America. There is somebody with the same qualifications as a 'Great America' willing to the job for less. So they're pissed, because that means that they are not so unique anymore.
Anyway, in other news, just wanted to the blog owner, that we are in the same boat - I got interviewed by ISB on the 26th of Dec, and am anxiously awaiting their reply - however, I don't hold much hope for myself (after all, it's already the 13th of Jan!). I felt like you did, thinking about how I should have answered the interview questions..not a day goes when I don't replay the interview in mind..
Anyway, best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home