Thursday, December 02, 2004

Not fair

An email on the yahoo groups says:

Hi everybody,
I just attended the Mumbai event and there are some
useful feedbacks I got:
1) either u apply with GRE or GMAT score , the
percentage will be considered which should be approx.
90%.
2)There are only ~ 60 (out of 320) applicants
selected in R1 if they have exceptional academedic and
work ex. all other applications are evaluated along
with R2 applicants. So R2 applicants need not worry
they will still have 260-270 seats to contend for.


If this is true, Iam very disappointed. If my application is going to be pushed to R2,then I should have applied in the second round itself.
How can they just take 60 ppl for R1.
If that is the case, Why does everyone keep saying that it is best to apply in R1. Chances are high.!

I would have given another shot at GMAT or made my essays even better if I had to apply in R2..Sometimes, you get up in the morning and read an email and it pisses you off. Damn ! Damn ! The person who has sent this email must be sure about what he is stating.Else, how could she dare to mail such stuff to the junta.


I have started hating myself more. I knew ISB is where I wanted to go. I just couldn't improve on my GMAT.I strongly feel that the other parts of my application are strong..but if the screening is going to be solely based on GMAT score, I might have already lost the battle.
I'll take another shot at GMAT. If itz not my aptitude, it will be my attitude that will take me to ISB.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Changa Reddy said...

Attitude is more important than the aptitude. Nice going,man. Keep up the spirit. You can crack the damn thing after all attitude emrged as winner manier times against aptitude. Just go on.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Life is about managing for survival said...

Give ur test and crack the damn beast!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home