Monday, January 08, 2007

Social Entrepreneur-The New Heroes

The Entrepreneurship classes started today. One of the short videos shown to us was on “ Social Entrepreneur” called Albina Ruiz who has started a Healthy City concept in Peru.

The video was very inspiring. The video was in Spanish with English subtitles and something that caught my attention was the passion that she had - to make a difference in the lives of people.

The New Heroes Video by PBS features some individuals all across the world who have realized an opportunity, gathered resources and formed a team to start a venture to make a difference in people's lives.

One such lady from India is Inderjit Khurana who believes that every child has the right to an education. After observing the challenges faced by the slum children in the city of
Bhubaneswar, India, she formed an organization and introduced the “train platform school"
that provides elementary education to children.

You can read more about her here and watch the PBS Video here.

I really like the thought the lady believes in - "If the child cannot come to school, then the
school must come to the child". I belong to the state of Orissa and I hope that some day I
will be able to sponsor as well as spend some volunteering time at this place. It would be
great if I can leverage my MBA skills and knowledge in making a difference to the people
in my state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home