Monday, February 27, 2006

Happy Retirment Jeeves



During my engineering days, he was very helpful.I was new to the world of search engine and he taught me how to make best use of him. He got me the right information at the right time and helped me complete my assignment.

As Google became popular and I grew old,I almost stopped using his services.
And now, he has decided to seek retirement.

Ask.com's recognisable butler Jeeves has finally taken up retirement, as the search engine relaunches its image.

Jeeves was originally adopted in 1996 as a friendly face to endear users to the search engine, but was forced to face the encroaching dominance of Google as it headed into the new century.

Jeeves is the name of the "gentleman's gentleman" or valet (illustrated by Marcos Sorenson), supposed to be the person who fetches you the answers of any query you ask. The character is based on Jeeves, Bertie Wooster's fictional valet from the works of P. G. Wodehouse.

I'll always remember Jeeves as the loyal,friendly butler ! Thanks Jeeves.Good bye.

Read more here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home