Thursday, October 13, 2005

Happy Dussehra and Durga Puja




Color everywhere.
Delicious sweets.
Awesome food.

The mood is energetic.
The ambience is electrifying.
Durga Puja is BIG in the eastern part of India.

As I have spent most of my childhood and worklife in south India,it had been more than 10 years since I had been to this part of the country during the festive season.
And this time,when I am at THE place,I made sure that I didn't miss the action.

Along with my family, I visited close to 25 pandaals.
The picture that you see is the one of Godess Durga on a chaandi (silver) background.
There were a few golden ones too! Gold, Silver...Decorations.Durga Puja celeberations is something that you should not miss if you are in India.

Wishing you folks a very Happy Dussehra and Durga Puja.!

1 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy Dusherra to u too
- rdx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home