Thursday, October 27, 2005

10 myths & facts about working in the Indian IT industry

You can read the complete article here.
(http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/oct/27myths.htm). I kinda agree with most of it.

Myth #1: Company A has offered more salary than Company B, so it is better than Company B

Myth #2: Let me join Company A. If I don't like it, I will leave it and find a better job elsewhere.

Myth #3: Infotech work is more of 'a routine job.' No high-end work gets done in India.

Myth #4: Only product companies do exciting work.

Myth #5: The Indian IT industry cannot offer the kind of job requirement I am looking for

Myth #6: I received a mail from a placement service saying that the job openings it has matches my profile.

Myth #7: Working abroad is better than working in Indian companies.

Myth #8: Management ladder is a much better option than technical ladder

Myth #9: I am working abroad. If I relocate and work in India I won't get the same job satisfaction.

Myth #10: My satisfaction with the Indian IT industry is not in my hands

1 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger Shrutkeerti Khurana said...

Ooooh u right heavier stuff don't ya ..

Yup exchange program it is...

Hoping to learn :) different culture, different study environment n the works

 

Post a Comment

<< Home