Friday, February 25, 2005

Stressed..So blog

I will be sending the acceptance amount for Queen's on Monday and with that perhaps I will say goodbye to any plans of my joining ISB.I truly feel that God does everything for the best and he has some better plans for me in life. ;)

CMU is also an option but I want to pay the money for Queen's.Over the past few days, I have somehow got a feeling that Queen's is the best fit for me.
I have come to a conclusion in the last few days: The more I research about a school, the more I tend to fall in love with it.:)

DA called me up from Korea today.He too has been offered an admission at Queen's but if ISB clicks (he is a R2 applicant) he will prefer studying in India.
Also, SC made a strange comment to me today."Last yr Raja chucked Queens . This ur u chuck ISB .. Fair and square . he he" !! :)

The whole MBA application prep has been a unique experience for me.I have gone through various moods and frames in the last one year.I started with a lot of apprehensions and doubts in my mind and have ended up as a confident boy.
I have met and interacted with a lot of ppl.I have decided to write down my whole story.I'll share some tips too in the future.

Iam quite stressed these days and blogging helps me relax.
The person who was supposed to replace me at work has got his visa denied at the US embassy. This has created a lot of problems for me.I am trying all kinds of measures to get myself out of this and return to India.I am currently working with my PM to see what is the best thing we can do.

Iam going to Denver tommorow to conduct a Propel training (It is an organization wide initiative).We plan to show the movie "12 angry men" and talk about the different roles people play in an organization (leader,enforcer,gardener,oppresor etc).I simply love conducting such trainings.

The ISB R2 results will be out soon and itz interesting to see how people are responding to the stress.

Have a good weekend folks and all the best to R2 folk.If you are destined to get in to ISB, there is nothing that can stop you.My best wishes are with you all.

4 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey MIB,
You come across as a honest and sincere person. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. I'm sure you will do exceedingly well.

Shrihari

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Srihari, That's one thing I found strikingly distinct with this guy..Honesty..Being a straight-forward person myself, I found my frequency match with him very quickly...All the best MIB.

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MIB,

Thanks for your wishes (Me too an R2 applicant to ISB). I have been following your blog for quite sometime now. Wish if we could meet someday and have a beer together.

All the very best on whatever be your final decision. Just remember...

Ek sundar Bhavishya Ki kalpana Karo,
Kalpana Ko Karm se ghadho,
Sadaa Karm karte raho,
Geeta ka yahi updesh hai,
Charai vati...Charai Vati...
(Chalte raho...Chalte raho...)

Keep walking towards your final goal, even if you have to take a different path towards it. Afterall, you want to reach there...sonner or later.

Prerit Gautam

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm glad to see that you are going to join Queen's :-). All the best.

Take care
Anirban

 

Post a Comment

<< Home