Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Meeting Mr Menon


An exhausted me after playing tennis at office lands up at Food World to pick up some stuff for home to cook.Iam in a tee short and shorts and full of sweat. I pick up the stuff in a hurry and I stop at the cash counter to make the payment.

A man with a french beard is on the other side. I look at him and instantly recognize him.He looks at me and then gives me a smile.. but then tries hard to recognize who Iam.I walk up to him and say that I was the man who had applied to ISB last year and had got waitlisted.I was a part of the team that had "designed a Hovercraft".

"Oh Yes!".He instantly recognizes me .I had been to ISB the day I had reached India after my US stint and had met Mr Menon. We had a long discussion where he explained me the process of admission and how my GMAT score had got me waitlisted.
He tells me to "feel free to visit ISB" and "apply again next year".

I thank him and go back home..I had never thought that I would meet Mr Menon, the admission director of the Indian School of Business at a shopping center.


PS: Thanks to my Big and Tall personality, people hardly forget me once they see me. :)

3 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u got it slightly wrong mate. its not only the Big and Tall characteristic. its more bcoz of the warm, friendly, enthusiastic, optimistic, altruistic and so on and so forth :-)

bAaLu

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Thoughtcurry said...

Hmm.... some people are hardly modest about their traits :-).

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great coincidence mate...
btw, where are you ? dropped mails to you awhile back....didnt hear from you....
what's up ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home