Thursday, July 22, 2004

Princeton Sample Verbal GMAT Section

I took the Princeton verbal section and got 29/41 correct. A score more than 31 would have boosted my confidence. Anyway, it appears that this exam is hell bent on denting whatever little confidence I have in me.

Analysis
Talking about the test, here is a quick analysis from my side:
  • Initially, I was struggling with the time factor. I used the SC questions to catch up and get back on track. I noticed that I got 3 SC questions wrong. Time is a key element in the verbal section.41 questions in 75 minutes is tough.
  • The RC passages were easy. They were from Science,History and Languages. I did not find them tough. However, I got a few of them wrong. I need to understand that after spending a substantial amount of time in RC,I should not get the questions wrong. After  looking back to the passage a number of times, getting an answer incorrect is highly frustrating.
  • The CRs were the saving grace. There were a couple that I got wrong but on the whole, these are something which you can be pretty sure are correct if you have used the correct logic. 

Lessons Learnt

  • It is a good thing that Iam taking a verbal test to identify my weaker points.
  • RC-->SC--->CR. That is the decreasing order of weaker sections of my GMAT prep.
  • I also noticed that I can use SC to save time/catch up with the schedule. But I need to work hard to get them right. These are small and quick questions but play an important role in your final score.
  • RC- No matter how many RC tests I take, I struggle under timed conditions. Matlab, when there is a RC question suddenly after a CR and SC, I find it difficult to switch gears and concentrate on it. Getting all the questions of a RC question right is something I have never been able to do.:(
  • Thus, the bottom line is the more tests that I take, the better would be my performance.

 

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Anonymous online grammar and punctuation checker said...

I would really like to appreciate all those circumstantial piece objects which are even said to be pretty important and will favorably help them to achieve certain levels of interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home