Thursday, May 20, 2004

Iam not happy with my preperation

It has been 2 days since I started preparing for the GMAT and Iam not happy with the level,intensity of the preperation Iam doing. I wake up early (sometimes at 4am) and study for a couple of hours but this is not helping.
Either Iam not able to concentrate or I feel the stuff boring. The basic thing about GMAT Prep is to sit and chalk out a strategy and I think I have not been able to do that . If there is no goal and a plan of action, how do I expect to get good results. I should remember that I am aiming for a 700+ score. I have to buy a dsktop or a laptop in the next few days and track my progress regularly. I should find out my weak areas and focus on my strengths.The quant part looks simple on the OG but I expect it to be more tougher. What I need is few more questions.

I plan to use the following stuff for my GMAT

a) Official Guide
b) Kaplan Verbal Book
c) Barron's GMAT
d) Arco's GMAT
e) Princeton CDs
f) Arco CDs
g) Kaplan CDs
h) Material from the net-gmat_downloads, gmatplus.
i) Arco GMAT Essays
j) IMS GMAT material,

I should complete the OG atleast 2 times. The date for the test is August 8th and I should finish it twice by July15. I also need to work on the sentence correction and the RC part.

Iam planning to study quant from CAT material (IMS or Career Launcher). I want to do tough questions.I should practice so hard that all the questions in the GMAT book should appear very easy.

The tempo needs to be maintained and I should give in my best. Atleast 3 hrs a day on weekdays and 7 hrs on weekends is what Iam aiming at.I will check back after a few days to see how Iam preparing.
'Woe Is I' . I need to read this book and get understand the fundas.
I will maintain an excel sheet of the number of questions that I solve each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home